Tuesday 14 October 2008

Who said grey is boring?

Somebody means that an outfit is boring and sad if the clothes you wear is grey, black and brown. That is extremely wrong. Yes, you can look boring, but that depends on how, or if, you add special accessories and wear clothes which isn't that ordinary. This lovely girl from Berlin is, in my opinion, not what we can call a grey mouse. Her outfit is grey and not very colourful, but yet not boring. Her black/dark blue trousers are not ordinary, her shoes is sweet, her grey jacket looks adorable with the white blouse. The brown, hippie-like hair is another chapter. I simply love it, and I wish I've had such wonderful hair. (As someone of you might know, I'm addicted to the 60s/70s...) Her glasses add a sophisticated and intelligent twist to the outfit. And it doesn't hurt that her smile is just adorable! What a girl!
I wear a lot of grey, brown, black and dark blue, but I've never pulled it of as well as this girl did. This is definitely a picture of inspiration.
Photo from Stil In Berlin

10 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

I adore gray tto, and an oversize cardi is perfect for autumn!

xoxox,
CC

Angela said...

i adore grey too. it's a grey basic color and using another color pink yellow or pink to pop it is very savvy.

Susana Rodrigues said...

well... I'm all about dark colours! lol I love grey and black

geri hirsch said...

totally inspired. i love grey!

Amelia said...

I love the color combo and the slouchy cardigan. Interesting commentary.

styledigger said...

I saw this photo before- this girl looks amazing, I love her grey cardi and "too short" high-waisted pants

Charlotte said...

i love grey so much, i always wear grey.
far from boring.

oh bless you, ofcourse it's fine, i'm adding you to mine too.:)
my tea drinking friend.

hannah-rose said...

people that don't like grey have no imagination! i love grey, and wear a lot of it too, but with plums/aubergines, blacks, bottle greens and burgundies. i just like jewel tones!

that's a great pic. the girl is stunning!
i love your blog.
i hope you don't mind that i'm linking you!

Anonymous said...

Grey is so much more fun than colour, you can focus on the details and is much more likely to last you season after season, that what I like :D
And what's more, she looks like such a friendly woman!
xxx

Marian said...

that lady is stylisha and im a fan of grey dear. That cardi is delightful.Its not the colour,its how its worn that can make anything boring.
x
marian