Sunday 21 August 2011

the hidden stories

There is something with books that fascinates me. Not the fact that they contain wonderful and unbelievable stories, complex and fascinating characters, and that they take place in countries far far away. I am fascinated by the fact that there are people, like me, who read the books and in their way they make their vision or picture of the stories. We can't, in any way, understand the way a book affects the reader. Therefore I find the bookshelves so fascinating and also so very inspiring . They contain stories that never will be exposed to the public, just the one who reads the book. It's in a way a magical boundary around the books and the bookshelves, which keeps the stories safe and untuched.
And, I must say, that I'm craving for a nice and inspiring bookshelf at home. I've tried to combine different colours in the different shelves, and I've tried to make my bookshelf a bit more personal. These photos of bookshelves give me inspiration to make my bookshelf even more personal.
bookshelves from the selby

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, dear! Godt å se deg tilbake på blogspot, du har en herlig blogg! <3

Clara Turbay said...

I like the las picture.

http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

jess said...

I love interesting bookshelves. The photos are great.

amy said...

I've always admired books. They are the escape from reality, and modernization I've always craved.

It's SO nice to relax in a Deep Bubble Bath, while reading a current book. I can forgive and forget the world..

Until the bath water runs cold, and my eyes run water.

Lovely blog you have!!

sweetness xx
hope to hear from you*!
amyflyingakite.com

Not a Paper Cup said...

if I ever buy a house, I'm prioritizing a library over a kitchen. lol.

The Annachrist said...

those heads are creepy cool...

Ash Fox said...

Long Live BOOKS! I love your homage to books here. In this age of e-readers and smart phones it looks like the bookshelf may be on its way out, but there is really nothing like a good real book in your hands. E-readers don't have the book smell either!

I took some time off from blogging to revamp my blog and move to a new site. Hope you'll check it out!

xo Ash

http://ashfox.blogspot.com/